Tuesday, December 4, 2007

How to Overcome a Break-up


Breaking up with your partner is always hard to do but sometimes it is necessary and you learn from it.

1. Stop reminiscing on how you used to be and what you used to do. The fun memories should be put in a basket. Now is the time to detox your mind and refresh it.

2. Don't call your ex. You probably will get the urge to call when you start feeling lonely. Instead, get busy (read a book, work on a project, excercise, go out with friends). If you need to, get a membership at the gym.

3. Let your emotions out. If you need to cry, cry. Talk to someone you trust. Smile, focus on things you like.

4. Don't date right after you break up. Give yourself some time to reenergize and look within yourself more. Set up expectations for your next relationship and do not date the first person that comes around because you feel lonely.

5. Do not spend time blaming yourself for what went wrong. You might have made some mistakes but hopefully, you learned from them and your ex was not perfect either. If your ex and you broke up, obviously you were not compatible.Think about how you are going to reinvent yourself and learn from your past relationship.

6. Do not think your ex is the last one and you will never find anyone like him or her.

7. Enjoy life and love yourself and accept that being alone is ok. Do not be a serial dater to fulfill your emptiness. Instead, focus on finding someone compatible to you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the worst for me is wanting to call but, I have managed that in my last relationship. It's right, being busy helps a lot.

Anonymous said...

I just broke up with my boyfriend and I have been calling him for the past 2 days but, I am going to stop. I feel worse everytime I talk to him.

Anonymous said...

I just broke up with my boyfriend and I have been calling him for the past 2 days but, I am going to stop. I feel worse everytime I talk to him.